Thursday, October 25, 2012

Steampunk Xmas Cards

Last year I waited until the very last minute and stressed out over my xmas cards.  This year I have had some ideas in the works for a while. Now two months before Christmas I have some finished! I purchased this main stamp at Michael's after Christmas last year.  It was a wooden backed stamp which I am trying to avoid for storage reasons but it was so cool, I had to have it!  I used Tim Holtz spinners, american craft buttons, two different Creative Memories snowflake punches, and a new Stampin Up cling set Clockworks to make the gear embellishments.  Ribbon and brads from Hobby Lobby.  Bayou Blue Stampin Up ink and I think an old Creative Memories dusty blue cardstock.  The smallest snowflakes are from a snowflake corner punch I found in my collection.  I had the spinner and tree done for a while it was just today I decided my new SU set would make great embellishments and I went searching for some snowflake punches.  I misted the snowflakes and gears with Ranger butterscotch and a silver glimmer mist to recreate the distress on the patterned paper which I believe is basic grey.






No comments:

Post a Comment