Thursday, February 1, 2018

Quick Quotes Non Traditional Valentine's cards

Good morning Quick Quotes readersAlicia blogging today.  I created a couple of non traditional Valentine's cards with the latest Quick Quotes papers Spring Showers. 



I loved the print on this paper and wanted to feature as much as possible but with a twist.  I chose to layer it on a step card.  I stamped the sentiment with Terra Cotta Powderpuff chalking ink and fussy cut.  To finish this card I added some ribbon and pearls.




Here's a close up of the printed paper.  I love the effect from consecutive pieces of the print separated by only a sliver of white card stock chalked heavily with more  Terra Cotta.



My second card is more masculine.  I thought of giving this one to my son for Valentine's.  I just love the harlequin pattern.  I accented it with a harlequin die cut.  


I used the brand new 2018 Capri Blue Powderpuff chalking ink to ink the white card stock under the die cut area.  I stamped the sentiment and inked all the edges with the same color.  


I added some sequins and a ribbon to finish off this card.




Quick Quotes products:
Powderpuff Chalking inks:  Capri Blue and Terra Cotta

other products:
pearls, ribbons and sequins
sentiment stamps: Stampin Up Pun Intended and Crazy, Mixed up love
Close to My Heart  Valentine's Cherubs
Tim Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits



I hope you are inspired to think outside of the box for this years Valentine's cards.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment