Monday, August 19, 2019

Art Nouveau Princess Birthday card for Bitten By the Bug 2

Welcome to the latest challenge for Bitten By the Bug 2 Feminine Birthday Cards.  I used my Cricut Explore for the last time to create this beauty from the Art Nouveau cartridge.  Yes, I have upgraded to the Maker!!  I haven't used it yet, but I packed up the Explore after this card and registered my Maker.  I am so excited!  I hope to create lots of new and exciting projects in the future.


Here is a close up of my cut.  I added pearls to some of the areas.  I used a pre cut Recollections card measuring 6.5" x 5".  I sized my cut appropriately.  



As I was finishing, I felt it was pretty simple so I ran the background layer through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  It really added a lot for one simple action.  I did ink the edges with Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks.  

Ingredients:
Cricut Art Nouveau cartridge Princess image
Cuttlebug embossing folder
misc card stock
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Chalking ink Biscotti 
Recollections pearls

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:





Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to play along with Bitten By the Bug 2 for the next two weeks.

Alicia


7 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. My niece has a Maker (her first Cricut ever) and I helped her learn about it a couple of weeks ago. I am so tempted to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the embossing and who doesn't love an elegant princess! The pearls really add the elegance to your already awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cut is beautiful. Have fun with your new machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! The Art Nouveau cartridge is one of my favorite but I don't use it very often so you have now inspired me to pull it out and give it the love it deserves! I love your color palette, the light chalk blending and how the embossing really pulled the entire design together! Excellent work :) I hope to see more of your creations in the future at A Place To Start.
    Rachelle - DT@APTS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with us at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your card and the pearl embellishments really make it stand out. That cartridge is one that I’ve have had for a long time yet I find it frustrating with all the small pieces. It seems you love this cartridge and it goes with your blog theme. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous details on this cut. Love the embossed background.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete