Monday, January 13, 2014

The Paper Loft Everyday Life Boy Layout

It feels like it has been a while since I have scrapbooked.  I have been making cards and some ATC's most recently.  But, I just printed over 600 pictures at Walgreen's because I had scrapbooked all my printed pictures for my chronological album.  I printed the last few months of 2011!  I find this past year using challenges and sketches has definitely improved my scrapbooking.  First of all you must know, I use the Creative Memories Power Layout method.  I can layout a entire years worth of photos.  One year is usually about 4 albums, I have the albums (not yet in actual albums) stored in 4 iris containers.  When presented with a sketch or challenge I started looking through my "power layout" boxes, as I go through I put the papers and embellishments or just a note reminding myself of what I want to use with those particular photos.  So when presented with a sketch say for one photo, I can go through my power layouts and find such a page.  I don't do too many layouts with just one photo, I take so many photographs and I love each one.  However, this particular event was a cell phone pic taken at Joe's Crab Shack.  It was not a special occasion, just a treat on a cool October evening.

I have used The Paper Loft Everyday Life collection.  You may have noticed my new button, I am a new design team member!  Yeah!  Here I have used the following papers:  No Excuses,  Greener Pastures and both sides of Sky's the Limit and Forward Progress.   I used the Good Times Accessory Sheet and Cosmic Alphabet.  I fussy cut some arrows from Forward Progress and put them on pop dots.








I am entering this layout in the following challenges:



http://www.sketchnscrap.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-challenge-inspired-by.html
 until Jan 30

14 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love your take on the sketch, and really like that quote. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page!!! Nice job with the titling work!!!

    Thanks so much for joining s at Sketch N Scrap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! Love the quote! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome and fun LO. Fantastic job. WTG!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout! I love Paper Loft papers, they are so versatile and these are no exception! Great title and picture! Thanks for sharing how you do you layouts, I always can learn from other scrappers! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colorful title, nice layout ! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout and what a great title! Thanks for sharing your layout in our 'Inspired By ' challenge at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great title!! Love how you used the arrows! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! What a funny pic and saying and boy isn't that the truth! ;) Great take on the Inspired by challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layout! Love the photo and the papers you used, thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks SNS ladies! I love your blog! I love there is both card and layout sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! I love this! The title, the picture. Absolutely perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great boy layout! My favorite kind! Thanks for playing along with us Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute layout!! Love the patterned papers! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete