Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vintage Scale Baby Card using Sizzix embossing folder




You know how the packaging always makes the die cuts look so neat?  I decided to try and recreate the image on the packaging of my latest diecut.  Actually, it was a set of a diecut with an embossing folder from Sizzix.  It was in the clearance section of Hobby Lobby for $4.31!  How could I pass up such a bargain, but now what to make with it?


A baby card!  I wanted to put varying amounts of effort into a couple of different diecuts.


I still ran three different pieces of paper through the Big Shot on both versions, but on the version below I made the "stem" metallic as show in the packaging.


Here are the two completed versions:


Was it worth the extra effort?  In this case, no, I tied a bow on the "stem" so it is not really noticeable.  Let me know what you think.

I used an old D.O.T.S (CTMH) set Oh Happy Day! for the baby feet and the sentiment inside.  I used Recollections green and ivory shimmer, Creative Memories vanilla, DCWV metallic silver cardstocks.  The inks I used were American Craft blush and Stampin Up Bordering Blue and I edged all the green pieces in Colorbox silk green.  I added buttons with floss and a soft fiber bow and a snippet of lace ribbon!


Girl version.


Boy version.

I layered the inside with the same ivory shimmer stamped more images.

I am entering this in the following challenge:









5 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card and such beautiful attention to detail.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Buttons and Bows theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this embossing folder before but boy will I be looking for it now. I love how you used it. This is fab.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling idea!!! LOVE the fun die cut/baby theme combo! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just popping by to admire your lovely project and thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete