- Separate the napkin into the thinnest piece possible and cut into manageable pieces. There are usually at least three layers.
- Run an A2 (or any size you chose) piece of white card stock through the Xyron.
- Adhere the napkin to the sticky side of your card stock and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Run the piece through the Xyron once again with the adhesive on top of the decorative side.
- Carefully remove the sticky napkin and sprinkle with fine clear glitter (or try a color?)
- Press down/rub to really get good adhesion and shake off any excess glitter.
- Trim your glitter napkin card stock piece to the desired size (or shape~try die cutting!)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Butterfly Napkin Cards
Hello, I promised a while ago I would show off some more of my napkin cards and how I created them. The first card is here if you want to go back and take a look. I created these for a card swap. I had never tried the technique but have been wanting to for some years.
Here's a close up.
Here is how I made the napkin pieces:
I layered the glitter napkin on some colored card stock. I finished my cards up with some die cut pieces, a stamped sentiment and a 3-D butterfly sticker.
Another close up. The turned out so pretty.
Xyron machine and supplies
napkin and glitter
K & Co butterfly sticker
Tim Holtz Sizzix grunge die
The Stamp Doctor sentiment
Recollections purple metallic embossing powder
Kiwi Lane template
white and pink shimmer card stock
Quick Quotes pink chalking ink
I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
Thanks so much for stopping by!