Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Life Together...Quick Quotes Mini Album



Hello Quick Quotes readersAlicia here with you today (and for another year!)  I have a mini album I created for a Christmas gift.  I made this for my brother in law with the hopes it would be used on his desk. He absolutely loved it!  I used select pieces from the  Adventure Awaits collection to maintain a masculine feel throughout.



To begin this project:
  • Cut a piece of chipboard to 6.25"x8.75"
  • Score at 4.25" and 4.5"
  • Adhere magnet with strong tape to outside front cover
  • Layer strong tape on top of magnet to adhere to cover paper
  • Cut 2 pieces of Quick Quotes designer paper to 6.25"x10-11" (the extra length is to create the flap, overlap to your preference)
  • Ink ALL edges with Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks
  • Adhere each paper piece to the outside and inside cover leaving the flap open
  • Embed the second magnet inside the flap to meet up with the magnet on the cover (use plenty of strong tape to stay in place
  • Seal the magnet in the flap
  • Adhere ribbon to edges of flap for durablity





I kept the flap shorter because I wanted to use this great quote on front.  I placed it on the cover to determine how long I wanted my flap prior to cutting the paper. In hindsight I should have used a couple of sets of magnets spread apart or not put so many photos inside...I couldn't help myself there were so many cute ones!  I did realize this issue and for that reason there are no bulky embellishments inside the album so that it would stay shut with one magnet set and lay flat.


Basic directions for the accordion inside:
  • Cut a 12"x12" piece of card stock to 2-6"x12"
  • Score consecutively at 4"
  • Adhere the two pieces together
  • Adhere one end to the front inside cover and one to the back inside cover
  • Cover the card stock with pieces of 4"x6" Quick Quotes designer paper 
  • Add photos and sentiments
  • Don't forget to ink all those edges with Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks

You may can tell from the photos I have three pieces of paper, I did not start with a 12"x12" piece so it complicated the process a little but allowed me to add extra pages!


The Adventure Awaits 105 paper was perfect for this project since one side has 6 panels at the 4"x6" size.  If possible I used the deigns from the paper to provide the sentiment.  On other pages I used pieces I cut from Adventure Awaits 12x12 Quotes Phrases sheet.




I used my Canon PIXMA iP8720 13x19 Wireless Printer to easily print the photos I downloaded from Facebook for my mini album.  This project went very smoothly because of the great products.



Quick Quotes products used:
Sunset  and Navy Powderpuff Chalking inks






other products:

wood veneer, ribbon, card stock and magnets




Thanks so much for stopping by!



8 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful masculine album - I really love the flap over at the front and that is one great quote! I am not at all surprised that your brother loved it, it is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Mini Album Makers. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful project!!!! thank you for joining us over at Craftaholics R Us DT elecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your entry over at CraftaholicsRUs and I just had to get a closer look. Albums are my favorite. This one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great construction and instructions! Such a wonderful way to display photos. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect photo mini and wonderful that it can work for a guy. So many of our minis are ultra feminine! You did an excellent job with your tutorial, too! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great photo album this is! And the flap makes it fun and interactive. I love how you used these beautiful products and appreciate the steps/photos along the way. We are so thankful you shared with us at Mini Album Makers and make sure to check out our current giveaway on the blog. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great handmade photo album - perfect for preserving all those colourful memories. Thanks for joining us at Mini Album Makers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete