Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Kindred Stamps Witches gotta Stick together with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Hello and welcome to my blog today.  I present my take on this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. We are teaming up with Double Trouble Challenge for the next two weeks. I am continuing to use up premade pieces from my stash.  I found this black and pearl alcohol ink background. I decided to continue with the monochromatic theme.  I added washi and die cuts along with a stamped and embossed sentiment.


Here's this week's sketch.


I layered the alcohol background on shimmer paper then a shimmer silver card base.  I used those same papers and more for the die cut foliage.  I almost forgot to mention the halloween charm I added, topped off with twine.  To finish the card I added a few gems.


Here is my desk as I was building the card.


As I enjoy doing, I made a second card with the additional background. Two cards were just logical. However, I changed up the die cuts, charm and washi on this one.  I added a little magical apple!


I die cut multiple flowers and shapes out of monochromatic blacks, grey and whites including shimmers and prints.  I just pulled out my newly organized scraps.  I used Totally Tiffany Collection Keepers for each color.  Well, my blues spilled over into 3 keepers.  I found a bunch at Tuesday Morning a few months ago.  I have successfully filled them all!  It is so easy to find pieces to die cut now in just the right hue.


Ingredients:
Kindred Stamps Salem Sisters sentiment stamp
Colorbox Black ink
Judikins Black Detail embossing powder
Ranger Pitch Black Alcohol ink and Pearl Mixative
Karen Burniston Autumn Elements dies
Karen Burniston Flowers and Bee dies
Spellbinders Seth Apter Trifecta die
Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking ink Midnight Obsession
metal charms from stash
Washi tape and glitter ribbon
misc papers and card stock
gems

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
















Now I am also playing along with our partner in the challenge Double Trouble Challenge.x  Use a circle (check), Halloween theme (check) and follow the sketch (check).  You can choose one, two or all three!


Don't forget to play along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. and Double Trouble Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by

Alicia



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I love the contrast between the alcohol background and the rest of layers of the card. Those witch decorations are awesome and that sentiment is great. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an amazing card, love the monochromatic color scheme, and such a fun sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing well-thought out cards and loved that you were able to use pieces you created previously from your stash! The monochromatic scheme works great for these. Thanks for sharing with Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges! ~Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white - it so bewitching! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out great! I love the black backgrounds and the pretty flowers!
    Thank you for sharing your cards with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea to do this scary card in bl/wh!! So fun with all the festive dies and your background is amazing! So happy you shared with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - who knew an all black card would be this awesome. I love the different shades of it (gray as well) for this great halloween color card. Thank you joining us at G4Galz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of your chosen sketch to create this fabulous monochromatic Halloween card- so many clever little elements to enjoy- I love it! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic interpretation of the sketch, and the witch's legs and sentiment pull it all together for your Halloween card... love the black embellishments. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun card, Alicia - love that sentiment along with the monochromatic look - thanks for sharing your card with us at TicTAcToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magical monochromatic Halloween card! Thanks for playing with us at Most Magical Time of the Year Challenges!
    Have a wonderful crafty day
    Cat 🐱
    https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com
    https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love that senti! The circle die cuts and those faboolous flowers are all awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. Love the colors, layout and sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments, Cardz 4 Galz.

    ReplyDelete