Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Tim Holtz Paper Dolls with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Happy New Year!  I brought in the new year with great friends and I was inspired to create a retro friend card.  I used some Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz while leaning on a good ol' Stampin Up sentiment.  I friend got this SU set for me at a resale shop recently.  This is the first time I am using it.


Here is this week's sketch.  I chose to cut a piece of paper and rip it into 3 pieces instead of 3 different papers.  I did take a few millimeters of paper out to allow for some space.


I colored the paper dolls with my finger tip.  I didn't care to be precise.  I was going to spray with a mister anyway.  I went behind with a dry paint brush to take the ink off the skin areas.


I stamped the background image and distressed with Brilliance Lightning Black which had a metallic hue when hit by the light. The stamp was an afterthought...the card seemed to "flat" and not distressed enough for me...so I removed the dolls and sentiment stamped the cool image very lightly and readhered the elements.


Ingredients:
Graphic 45 On the Boardwalk paper
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
Stampin Up Special Reason stamps and dies
Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon Distress and Distress Oxide and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide inks
Momento Tuxedo Black ink
Rubber Stampede Travel Map stamp
Brilliance Black Lightning ink
black pen
charcoal card stock
pop dots and tape runner adhesive

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:



You can play along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge until Sunday.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope your 2024 is blessed.

Alicia

3 comments:

  1. The whole card has a Tim Holtz flair to it and the sentiment certainly fits those two ladies. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas "NBUS" challenge for January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab collage card, Alicia - love the paperdolls with the torn papers behind! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card. I love all the details of your card and how well everything goes together. The sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete