Tuesday, August 2, 2016

His & Hers Baby cards

Another swap set of cards.  I found this idea on Pinterest and made a few different versions based on the supplies I had in my stash at the time.  The first card is the first version I completed.  I used wire to fashion my own hanger.  It was a real pain and I wasn't very happy with it, although in my son's opinion he liked the hanger I made.  I found some hanger paper clips from Art-C that I used on the rest of the cards that I completed. For the most part this card was pretty easy, punching the labels and the "legs" went quickly.  The drawers are simple rectangles with the paper trimmer.  I did print  the onesie from the internet and colored and fussy cut  which took a minute.  The most time consuming part was setting 6 brads on each card with two layers of paper behind them. I popped the drawers up on pop dots to lay flat because of the brads.


So I stepped this version up a notch! I embossed the paper with a woodgrain embossing folder before I cut it up into "drawers".  I also had to switch blue papers since I didn't have enough of the above periwinkle.  Using up scraps from my scrap box!  That meant switching the brads to be more of a match and coloring the onesie a different color.  I tried a ODBD tiny pierced circle die for the base of the knobs but felt they were too big and went back to the tiny flower punch.



On this girl version I used tiny flower brads with the tiny flower punch for the knobs.




On this version I used tiny sparkly brads and went back to not embossing the drawers, as the pink paper was thin and cracked easily.




Ingredients:
Stampin Up punches x3
Creative Memories tiny flower punch
Our Daily Bread Designs pierced circle die (on one blue card)
Silver pen on snaps of onesie
misc brads
onesie image from internet and printed to the size I wanted
misc papers from stash
white card stock
Close to my Heart Just to Say sentiment
Pinks:  SU Regal Rose & QQ Pink Cheeks
Blue: SU Pacific Point & QQ Sky Blue
Periwinkle:  SU Ballet Blue & QQ Hydrangea  

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:








Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

7 comments:

  1. OMG these are SO ADORABLE!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BABIES’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute :) Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those card are really adorable! The baby onesie is so cute.
    Great use of your leftover!
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. I think your homemade hanger looks great, but I can see that it would be time consuming. Love the embossing on the drawers. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Baby Challenge. Hope you will share more of your creations.
    Kathy
    DRU DT A

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, how cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so adorable!! I love how you've taken the idea and then used different types of colours and papers. Thank you for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Hugs Victoria (DT) x

    ReplyDelete