Thursday, November 3, 2016

Holiday Card Set with Queen & Co A2 die

Good morning readers, Alicia with you today.  I didn't just make A card for you today, I made an entire SET! I had so much fun using the Queen & Co Squares die, I just couldn't stop.  I started with ten sheets of 6x6 Christmas paper so I would have a variety of patterns with which to work.  It was like putting together puzzles.  I played with pairing up the different patterns and chose some sentiment stamps that fit inside the square pieces.  The die is a perfect A2 which made it so easy!


I made three cuts out of white cardstock.  I stamped sentiments on various white pieces.  I also added sentiments that were stamped and die cut from Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words Dies and Stamps to add some variety to the set.  I inked the edges of all the pieces before assembly. My goal was to produce an entire set without lumpy embellishments to cut down on postage.  I believe I was successful.  I have a collection of interesting cards that were fun and easy to create.  The variety of pattern papers provide interest without embellishments.  


In the end I had eleven cards.  I made one card with a white frame to use up the majority of the remaining patterned pieces.  After all was said and done I had a few random pattern pieces, several white ones and two white frames.  


 Dies R Us product used:

Queen & Co. - Dies - Squares
Queen Co Squares die
Lawn Fawn - Winter Big Scripty Words Dies
Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words Dies


Lawn Fawn - Winter Big Scripty Words Stamps
Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words Stamps

Other ingredients:
American Craft 6x6 stack
Quick Quotes Midnight Obsession and Green with Envy chalking inks
Colorbox Rouge pigment ink
Brilliance Graphite Black ink
Recollections Vintage Blue ink
misc sentiment stamps

Please remember, each and every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample shared here on the blog by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.
And don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 

click below for:

Thanks so much for spending time with us today!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




6 comments:

  1. Wow Alicia, what a great collection of cards you have made! I love the squares die, and I can see that it would be so useful for all types of cards. You have used a great selection of papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of cards, Alicia!!! Great set of dies.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards!Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab - love the mix of papers & colours!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete