Thursday, June 7, 2018

Quick Quotes Dragonfly Gatefold card

Good morning, Quick Quotes readers, Alicia with you today.  I have created a lovely die cut gate fold card.  I recently purchased this SVG file, I love die cutting Quick Quotes papers in manual or electronic die cutters.  The sturdy double sided papers work wonderfully in both styles of machines.


I added some fancy gems to the front to bring out the art nouveau look to the card.  The gem colors match the Jade Powderpuff chalking ink I used for coloring.



One of the reasons I chose this card because of the vellum elements.  I thought what a neat idea to add color to the dragonfly on the vellum.  I inked my Powderpuff chalk directly onto the vellum for a deeper color.  I inked several layers to get the coverage I desired.  I only inked the area behind the dragonfly and not the entire vellum panel.


You can see the partial inking on the inside.  I also used a small piece of vellum to cover up the half of the adhesive on the center gem so it doesn't stick to both halves of the gate fold.  The cut file provided a frame to cover the edges of the vellum inside in addition to an area to write.  


Here's one final view partially open.  I just love dragonflies and this card was pretty easy and yet turned out gorgeous.


Quick Quotes Products:
Powderpuff Chalking inks:  Purple Rain and Jade
Papers:  Serenade 101103, and 104

other products:
SVG files from Dreaming Tree Dragonfly gatefold
Jolee's gems

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment