Thursday, June 21, 2018

Solstice Greetings! Cricut Iron-on Vinyl: Marshall's bibs and onesies

Hello and Solstice Greetings!  I would just like to put it out there, this baby boy should be born today!  Mom is a few centimeters dilated right now, so this could happen.  What a wonderful day to be born!  Unfortunately, I had a friend's father pass today and wouldn't that be perfect to have a birth to balance the day...and don't you know I have some friends who are marrying today.  What a great day even though it is raining buckets on this first day of summer in Cincinnati.  So here is what I made for the impending bundle of joy.

I finally tried my hand at using iron on vinyl.  I was looking on Amazon and Target at some adorable onesies but they were not going to arrive in time for the shower and so expensive.  I said to my self...I can do that!  Plus shopping for a project is fun!  I grabbed the Marshall Amplifier logo off the www, since that is his namesake.  I spent over an hour cleaning up the image and it is not perfect but very good.  The first item I tried were these non printed bibs that were part of the pack.


Then I progressed to onesies.  I wanted black since the Marshall logo is traditionally white but none of the places I went had them.  I have heard since Hobby Lobby sells black.  


Next I had this great idea to make mom and dad a shirt!  I added the 's in as similar a font I could find.  I used the Rock Princess font for mom and dad.


Here's the set.  The happy couple plan on taking their first family photo in these.


Here's a round up of everything that I made.  I only wasted a few inches of vinyl with mistakes.  Not too bad for my first time.  I forgot to use mirror image on a couple of cuts.


 Finally, after the shower I came home with one of their diaper bags, which I promptly personalized.  (The skull was already on the bag).


I am so happy for the couple but I really did not intend to make them cry.  I was telling someone the story and they said that just means it was a heartfelt gift.  I like giving those.  These are a couple of special young people.

Ingredients:
Mark Richards Iron On Vinyl
Cricut Rock Princess Boy Skull font
Cricut Quarter Note font
T shirts from Joann's
Gerber onesies
Chick pea bib set

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you are inspired to try something new...and maybe get carried away with it!  

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:





UPDATE MARSHALL HAS BEEN BORN!  4:53 6/23/18 EVERYONE IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! Very creative. I'm sure all those items will be appreciated and get a lot of use.

    I've still never worked with vinyl; I guess I have enough to do with paper!!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Anything But a Card challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gift and of course they will love it since it is personalized.

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Anything But a Card challenge.

    http://scrappint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative work and a wonderful gift for the new family! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” June Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenge, good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The item quality is really good and scratch resistant. For more ideal details about heat transfer vinyl, visit this link.

    ReplyDelete