Friday, September 18, 2020

Craft Room Clean Up

I invited a friend over to craft for her birthday.  Only my room was a mess and could not hold her and her daughter.  Goal set, I had to make room for us to craft.  Once it was this clean, I had to take photos.

As you first enter my room and turn to the left you will see this stack of stamps.  I have themed bins of assorted brands of stamps (pink) with a few bins of papers (green).

I also have comic book boxes of stamps.  I have organized my stamps that I removed from the wood blocks in pocket packs.  I recently purchased a lot of stuff from a huge craft room and I got to take the paper home in the plastic file boxes in the photo.  I organized specialty 8.5"x 11" papers in them.

Here's the view into my primary area.  One of my favorite newer purchases is the table top for my cart.  It was $10 on sale at Micheal's.  I store odd size ink pads inside and use the top for my laptop.

Unfortunately, I broke the wheel off this cart during my clean up.  This is the second one I broke both of which were purchased at Sam's club.  I haven't had any problems with my Michael's cart.  My husband says I try to fit 10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb container.  I did organize all my pre cut cards on the top shelf and card/envy sets and special fold card bases on the bottom.  

View from my primary seat.  My pens are within reaching distance as is a stack of black, white and gray ink pads.  I also have a desk caddy with adhesives, cleaners and random clear blocks.  My paper cutters are on the right hand side.


I also have my card stock handy.  More comic book boxes with Stampin Up stamps and two on the right are full of thin dies. I also keep my Creative Memories cutting system and border maker handy (bottom of photo).


My second cart is a bit larger and sturdier.  It came with pen holders and a peg board side.  I store small paper packs on top and embossing powders and accessories on the bottom two shelves.


Straight back from the door are my rainbow papers and embellishments.  In this corner are my Cricut, printers and beads.


A closer look at this desk.


Underneath this desk, more beads, Cricut mats and collage materials.


The next desk area contains my scrap rack, finished cards, envelopes, extra inks and refills.


The final area is the manual die cutting cart.  I covered an old cart in duct tape.  I have machines on the top, a Sizzix Big Shot and Spellbinders Grand Caliber.  I store magnetic movers and shapers around the inside of the cart  and thin die basic shapes on magnetic sheets on the wall behind.  I also have my Kiwi Lane templates on a rack behind the door.


Below I have my large Sizzix dies and embossing folders in the old Creative Memories storage binder.  They fit great in the 4 pocket style page.  


I have some larger collections of themed papers that don't fit in the scraprack underneath on the other side of my cutting cart.  The themes include animals, food, sports including an entire soccer section and Xmas papers.


This corner has more Micheal's cubes and a set I purchased on Facebook market place (blue drawers).  I have my Graphic 45 papers and other paper collections over here.  Along with Sizzix alpha dies and miscellaneous odds and ends.


Of course, there is more crap in the floor back here, duct tape, coloring books, and extra envelopes are in containers.  I have extra scraprack and storage pages in a black CM bag in the floor.  My over the door storage has shimmer powders, paint brushes, glass marbles, some papers and glitter glues and pearl drops.


Another view from the door.


Now during the clean up, I had to move lots of boxes of stuff to my husbands room to make room for my friends to craft. These stacks are composed of duplicate items to sell, stamps to remove from blocks, and stamps and product to add to my Evernote files before adding to my stash.  I will say there are a ton of cd's behind my stacks so my stuff does NOT fill this entire corner.

Thanks for bearing with me through all the photos of my craft room.  It rarely gets this clean.  I am trying to keep boxes and papers off the floor.  I must admit it feels really good to walk up the stairs and between rooms without  boxes in the way.  However, I will say I have already needed a stamp in that stack.  I just did without it but I must move the stack of stamps to be removed from wood back to my room.

Alicia


2 comments:

  1. Looks good although I seem to remember a great view of the city from there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be over to scrap in...wait...how long will the drive take? lol

    ReplyDelete