Monday, September 27, 2021

Karen Burniston Ms. Claus and Penguin Season's Greetings card

Hello, this is my final card for the Inspiration Team today.  I jumped ahead a season to create this Karen Burniston winter card.  I have always had so much fun playing with her animals and characters.  The first time I use one of her dies, I will go to Karen Burniston YouTube channel and watch her assembly video.  This is my first time using the Winter Animals set so I watched that video. 


I very much enjoy her tips such as using the die as a stencil.  I used it here to detail the hat on the penguin with a white gel pen.  I used the same plaid paper for Ms. Claus's suit and the penguin's hat and scarf.


I layered some trees cut from a green patterned paper on white glitter stitched hillside border.  I used the same white glitter paper for Ms. Claus's trim and the penguin's pom on his hat. I colored Ms. Claus's cheeks and cut her glasses from silver metallic paper.  I layered all the pieces on patterned paper.  I layered the the snowy hill cut on the patterned paper then die cut the stitched rectangle for a uniform look.

Store products used:







I would like to enter this in the following challenges:





Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiq6-2iVzYbNBCc2u3Tz_sMuMRhwshQhKdX3yHEQrGKuu-2rA0FjqJFWsQOt7Hekp-mlBXkwWalo-id74lzQi8Q0GyE_jwNI5WtiyB2K-6xOTi56GytzJDRfPCEGqT-iD_GqlKc6dZm3xcJ/s320/*logo%2Bcollage.pages.jpg

click below for:

STORE

CHALLENGE BLOG

FACEBOOK

INSPIRATION BLOG

FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thank you for reading our blog today.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh are the people and animals so cute all put together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! This is sweeter and cuter than can be! What a darling holiday season greeting. The plaid clad penguin is slaying me with its adorableness.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Christmas card. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at a Place to Start this month. Hope to see your art work here again next moth. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Christmas card. I like the elf and the penguin. I'm glad you shared it at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mrs. Claus in that wonderful plaid outfit! Such a cute card! Thanks for joining in our September challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Christmas card with us at My Time to Craft Christmas, we hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete