Thursday, October 26, 2023

Tim Holtz 3D Skulls embossing with LED Light Up box

Hello and welcome to today's project.  I created this one for my husband to go in his music room.  I found the LED light box at work.  I thought I could make something cool and I think I did!  It was a simple project with great results.


This a photo without the lights on.

Here's a photo with the original light box and the insert I created.  I began by cutting the transparency to fit the box.  Then I inked up the film.  I used varying shades of blue and black Ranger Alcohol inks. Finally, I embossed the sheet with the Tim Holtz 3D Skulls folder.  The insert was larger than the folder, therefore, I ran the transparency through twice.


Here's another couple of shots of the unlit box. I inked the transparency first so as to not have the inks pool in the dimension after embossing.




Finally, another lit shot of the project.  My husband likes it and that is what matters.


Ingredients:
LED light box
Tim Holtz Sizzix 3D Skulls
Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol inks
Transparency sheet cut to fit box

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:











Thank you for reading about today's project.  I hope you enjoyed.

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Halloween project and amazing how it looks like amass of beautiful colours, then you turn the light on..BOOM!!, love it. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great creation especially for Halloween, spooky and fun! Thanks so much for joining in this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete