Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Altered Letters ~ M is for Morgan

Happy Birthday Morgan!  Today I am showing you Morgan's Christmas present because it is her birthday today!
 
 
The letter was white but I had in mind a soft girly camouflage with not pink so I painted crème on top of the white.

 
Then I began to use a sponge to sponge on some various colors of acrylic paint.

 
I filled it in for the most part and finally went back with some painted mesh that I pushed down and back up fairly quickly.  It gave this letter just the effect I was looking for!

 
Added some peachy and brown flowers with bling...

 
And some great fibers!

 
Some of the paint is textured.

 
This is my favorite letter I created for my girls' Christmas gifts.



2 comments:

  1. This is really CUTE!!!! Love your techniques and colors. GREAT present, I want one myself.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful one. The texture and the colors are gorgeous. Love the blooms too.

    ReplyDelete