Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mama Mia Blog Hop

Welcome to the Mama Mia Blog Hop

Connie Wallenbrock's photo.
We are here to honor and cherish our Moms this weekend the best way us crafters know how, with a blog hop showcasing some amazing projects either for a special mom or about a special mom in our lives.. We hope that our projects will show Moms everywhere just how special they are to us all.

You should have hopped over from Cardmonkey's Blog.
If you are just joining us and wish to start at the beginning,
Connie Can Crop is the first stop on this Blog Hop.

This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of these talented friends who are here sharing their ideas and creations. 


We have an awesome sponsor and giveaway for this hop!

here's our sponsor!! A new stamp company with matching SVG files! They are so awesome!!

Pink & Main has graciously donated this adorable Super Mom themed Stamp Set.

So what do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. Then stop by our sponsor's page at be sure to like her on facebook!! 


You will have until 12:00 am Monday to finish the hop and leave your comments. 

Winners will be announced on Wednesday at Connie Can Crop.

Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment  along the way!
Here is my precious mother!  Neither of us like our picture taken so my wedding day was a rare occasion where we both look good, so I love this picture and my wonderful sister was the photographer.
I feel so lucky to still have my mom around!

 Here's the awesome gift I made my mother.  She loves vintage and re-purposed anything.  I think she will love this altered altoid's tin.


I used a very old Stampin Up set "Days gone by".  I think the lace is also from Stampin Up, the knob is, I believe Tim Holtz Ideaology as are several of the items.  Some are from The Paper Studio line of embellishments.  The quote and mirror stamp are from Hampton Arts.


The background paper is Graphic 45 with some 7 Gypsies paper tape and apothecary labels.



I wrapped some floss around the spool.


 I also have my own blog candy today:


One lucky comment-er who is also a follower will win this chosen from all the eligible participants via random.org .  I also have a question for you to answer in your comment:  What is your favorite "mom" memory either of your mom or you being a mom.  This is part of my month long May blog anniversary giveaways, see the giveaway page for details. Thank you for hopping today!

 Up next is  Pam

Here is our complete line up in case you get lost along the way:
7. Elizabeth - www.ejoym.blogspot.com

18 comments:

  1. Your vintage tin is gorgeous Alicia and you and your mom are very beautiful! I love your wedding dress! My favorite mother memory is the day my son Elijah was born and he was placed in my arms. He is now 13, where has the time gone? If you are a mother, Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great mother story and that is one of my favorite memories of motherhood was finally getting to hold my son! I still can't let go and he is 14. thanks for all the hops and comments over the past year!

      Delete
  2. Awesome idea and I'm sure your mother will love this! A favorite mom moment for me would be when my daughters were born; each is unique and special! It was great hopping with you today - Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to you to Pam! thank you for sharing your "mom" moment!

      Delete
  3. You and your mom look gorgeous!!! I love your altered tin and all of the vintage details you packed in it!!! My favorite memory of my mom was when she was my 4H co-leader. Crafting with her was fun! My favorite memory as a mom was holding my babies soon after each of them were born. All I wanted to be when I grew up was a mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sweet! thanks for sharing your story Lori! thanks for all the great crafting you do! Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful re-purposed tin, your Mom is going to love it.
    My fav memory of being a Mom is really HARD, I have so many wonderful memories. If I have to choose I would have to say, teaching my son to read. He had a real hunger for books and read everything he could get his hands on. Now that he's grown an on his own life adventure he tells me at least once a year how much he truly appreciates that time we had together and how it helped shape his life and lead him to living the life of his dreams in Tokyo with his beautiful wife, Miki who is a real Japanese doll. Happy Mother's Day.
    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great story! I visited your blog and am a new follower! thanks for all the comments Sue!

      Delete
  5. Great picture of you and your Mom! She is going to love the altered tin! My fav memory of my Mom is the day my son was born. She came into the hospital room and gave me a diamond ring. With tears in her eyes, she thanked me for giving her a grand child. She passed away when my son was 9. I still miss her to this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least he was old enough to have fond memories of his grandmother! what a wonderful memory and you have a token to always remember it by! so sweet! thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous project, all of the details are fabulous. Thanks for joining our linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the great linky PARTY! and coming by to see my creation!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tin! My favorite memory was when I had my 1st son and my mom started crying telling me how great i was going to be at being a mom =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy mother's day! it is great to be a mom! thanks for sharing your story!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, you want me to pick just ONE memory? I have had so many wonderful ones, both as daughter and Mom. Probably the one that stands out the most when I summon up fond memories would be how beautiful my daughter looked and angelic she seemed on her wedding day. I was (and am) so proud of her, happy for her, and so in love with her. I loved dancing with my own Mom at Emily's wedding. Also, 9 years prior, Emily stood next to me as my only attendant when I married her stepdad ... And what a precious toast and wedding song she sang to us!

    Fondly,
    Ellen / CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fond memories! I feel so lucky my mom and son were with me on my second wedding day! I am lucky to have my mom because she is a Cancer survivor and I am lucky to have my son because of the pregnancy and childbirth problems! we are so lucky! thanks for sharing and all you do to support my blog and crafting!

      Delete
  9. Very fun little gift! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is GORGEOUS! I bet she LOVED it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Also thanks for appreciating your Mom.
    My mom lost her battle with cancer 23+ years ago and I would love just one more chance to feel her sweet hug and tell her how much I love and miss her.
    I cherish the pictures I have with and of her.
    Do me a favor... Both of you get dressed up again and get some more pictures together. You will cherish them I promise.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete