Friday, November 1, 2013

Dia De Los Muertos Blog Hop

Welcome to the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Blog Hop



Dia de los Muertos is a holiday for remembering and honoring those who have passed. It is a festive, joyous time of celebration. Day of the Dead is Mexico's most important holiday.

Our blog hop will be centered around Sugar skulls. Sugar skulls are by far the most popular symbol of  Mexico's most famous holiday, Dia de los Muertos. 
To learn more about this Holiday visit:
Connie Can Crop is the first stop on this Festive Blog Hop.
This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of my fabulous crafty friends who are here sharing their ideas and creations.  


We have an awesome sponsor and giveaway for this hop!


Designs on Cloud 9 is giving away a $10 gift certificate to one lucky winner!! 

You can shop their store here.
And even like them on facebook for more fun.


  So what do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a  comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. 


Then come back to Connie Can Crop and post that you followed the rules.


 You will have until 12:00 am Sunday to finish the  hop and leave your comments. Winner will be announced on Wednesday Winners at Connie Can Crop.


Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment  along the way!


I made two projects today.  First I started weeks ago decorating the green skull with light up eyes.  I found it at Tuesday Morning, they came in hot pink, turquoise, green, purple and black but not all the eyes lined up well enough for my taste so green it was!  I used various stickles and glitter glue.  The shrine was a little less time consuming primarily because there was no dry time.


I started with a skull from Recollections Halloween collection from this year.  I backed it with white cardstock before coloring the sections with glitter pens.  I used some Tim Holtz grunge board as the background.  I painted it with Ranger Gold Paint dauber then distressed it with Brilliance Midnight Black.

I am not much on promoting a particular tool, but this investment was worth every penny!  I purchased this Impression Obsession rocking block back in August at Stampaway.  It works so well for large stamps.  


I also purchased this stamp at Stampaway several years back.  I stamped it with embossing ink and embossed with Black Magic embossing powder.



I used some shiny rick rack from Michael's, various flowers including Petaloo glitter flowers, and bling.









 Up next is Christina! http://cema1cema.blogspot.com/

Here is our complete line up in case you get lost along the way.

23 comments:

  1. I would love to have that shrine stamp! Great projects-very creative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME project!!! And ps...check out my blog today...I think someone is a winner from last weekends hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow there both gorgeous love the skull xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my skulls!!! This is an amazing project!!! All the fabulous details you added.... just stunning!


    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful my scrapbooking sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how creative! That shrine is so unique,Love it! And the detail on your green skull is amazing! Super sweet projects!
    TFS
    Midge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the light up eyes on your green sugar skull. Beautiful card too.
    I follow you with Google Friend connect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects and that large stamp is way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowser awesome - both are really outstanding - I adore your card especially! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow both project are beautiful. I love that skull. The fun glitter and the eyes oh me oh my I love that it light up. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo!!! This rocks!! I love both of the them!! The skull with the light up eyes!! AWESOME!!! I also love how much time you put into your card! love it all! great job! Loves-Madge
    p.s. I am glad that you got your kit and love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! I am in awe at both projects!! Your color choices and the light up eyes.. Amazing!!! I'm a new follower..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Skull with the light up eyes!! It's Awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts at aim dot com
    racincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lot of detail in your projects that is always so awesome. I like the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great detail! I love the shrine and that light up skull is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where do I start? I love that stamp!! And that stamp rocker is cool..never seen one that big! And your details on the shrine and the skull are awesome! So pretty! I just love them! Thanks so much for hopping with me! Scrappy hugs, Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie for allowing me to participate, you have the best themes for hops!!!

      Delete
  17. Oh My Gosh! Two fantastic projects! I'm gobsmacked. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love your lighted skull!!! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much detail and color! Love how they turned out

    ReplyDelete