Saturday, November 16, 2013

Kraftie Kre8ations November Design Team Project Thankful Swatchbook

This month's Kraftie Kre8ations Design Team assignment is to create a swatchbook illustrating what we are thankful for in this month of Thanksgiving.  Since I had all these great new pictures of my family from my recent wedding, I thought I would use the pictures for my thankful project.  I am very thankful for my family and friends, new and old.


I started with a chipboard recipe card.  I did not have enough to make my book, so I used one as a template and created more.  I painted the original chipboard pieces because they were a lighter and smoother chipboard.  I covered the hand cut pieces with papers to cover the darker and rougher chipboard.  I covered the cover with some gold vellum and used some various embellishments I had lying around.








I used some very old Mrs. Grossman's gold letters for the "recipe" title.  I used some Basic Grey papers and embellishments.  I also used a gold crackle paper that I also used on my wedding invitations.  The gold flower and pearly bling were also used in various wedding projects.  I punched the holes with my crop-a-dile and laced them together with some antique brass ball chain.

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. I just love this book Alicia great job lady so thankful to have you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Alicia. It is a fun way to show your new pictures.
    Cheri - John 3:16
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you did this as a file book!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete