Sunday, December 25, 2022

Vintage Dress Page for Sketches in Thyme

Hello and welcome to my blog on this happy holiday. I am posting my take on this weeks Sketches in Thyme sketch. I have so much to say about this layout. First of all my niece is just adorable and I love scrapping her photographs. Second, the subject matter. This baby is the 12th or 13th girl to wear this dress. It is over 50 years old.  It was my first Easter dress purchased prior to my birth.  


Third, here's the sketch.  You can play along on the Sketches in Thyme Facebook Group.


I found this paper at a crafty yard sale.  It no longer had the cover page, so I can't be sure of the brand.  There were four or five designs from this stack included.  They were perfect for this layout and a couple of more I did of her, which will be revealed later.  I just happened to have a 6x6 stack of rose gold papers which perfectly matched the rose gold foil in that stack. Maybe the stack is DCWV as well?


I added some Jolee's little hands and Martha Stewart textured hearts along the gingham vellum circle.  I cut the circle using the large Creative Memories circle in the custom cutting system. On a few of the embellishments I layered some scrap ribbon.  I cut the large foil heart and background with a Stampin Up punch set.  



Ingredients:
unknown paper collection
DCWV Solid Rose Golds 6x6
Martha Stewart White Dimensional Heart stickers
Jolee's By You hand die cuts
Stampin Up ribbon
vellum and white card stock
Creative Memories Custom Cutting System large circle red blade
Prima Lyric collection butterfly

misc embellishments
Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking ink Feather Gray
Crafter's Square Metallic Marker Rose Gold? Copper?  

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Don't forget to play along on the Sketches in Thyme Facebook Group

Thanks for stopping by

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout. Thanks for entering your wonderful creationin the Anything Goes challenge at The Crafter's Cafe

    ReplyDelete