Sunday, June 16, 2024

Stampin Up Whiskey Business Father's Day cards

Greetings.  I am posting some recent cards I created for the holiday. I have had this set for a while and this year I was determined to make Father's Day cards with it.  I got my motivation when I recently participated in Justine Hovey's Fearless Card Making challenge.  Although using premade pieces was not an actual part of the challenge I was inspired to do so by the challenge.  Essentially, Justine gave us "deep thoughts on card making".  One of the these questions to think about was what is holding you up?  And I have piles of ideas/half made cards that have stalled because of my indecisiveness.  I was motivated to grab some pieces, stamp and die cut more to create these cards.


The first card began with the idea of using the Whiskey Business set and the embossed and inked wood grain background.  It ripped on the edge and I just added it to my embossed background pile.  Every time I picked it up, I was like ugh...I can't use this.  However, this go round I was inspired to die cut the piece and get rid of the ripped area.  I experimented with Distress inking on this panel.  I wasn't that happy with it but I was encouraged by the challenge to push on through and make a card.  




The inside of the card is where I stamped the Father's Day sentiment.


Here is a second card I made with same stamp set.  I colored the pieces the same but here I used a different sentiment.  I sent this one to my friend's father who turned 101 this month.  this one began with the premade card base.  I went with one layer die cut panel.


Ingredients:
Stampin Up Whiskey Business stamps and dies
Copic Markers:  B00, Y32, YR18, E35
Spectrum Noir: Bright Orange
Prismacolor: Cool Grey 10% and 20%


I would like to enter these in the following challenges:









Thank you for stopping by

Alicia


11 comments:

  1. A great masculine card that could be for any occasion but is perfect for the current challenge at Cardz4Guyz. TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Bourbon is a great "B" word for our challenge, and great job coloring these! They look fabulous, and the layouts and backgrounds you have are gorgeous! So glad you pushed through! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card, the woodgrain is excellent for your top shelf bottles... thanks for sharing your handsome card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card!! Thanks for linking up to our June challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia, I LOVE your background! So glad you pulled it from your stash and used it for this great masculine card!! Thank you for sharing your story of creation, and especially your card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers!! These are fantastic!! Thanks for play along with our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...I am sure your card made some dad smile!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G349

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super Masculine card! I LOve your inked/embossed folder.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both cards. I like the way you went from - not using this! - to creating two fantastic cards. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great masculine cards! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #168.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect guyz card. This is just up my street. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete