Sunday, July 16, 2023

Paper House Rock Star layout for Lasting Memories

Hello and welcome to my blog today.  I am guest designing for Lasting Memories Layout challenges.  The theme this week is “Time Spent at Play is Never Wasted.” 
Lasting Memories challenge #659:  There is a lot of play time built in to the preschool day, in fact, it’s probably the favorite part of the day for most kiddos! This week’s challenge is to create a layout about how you PLAY! Share about a hobby or any activity you enjoy in your spare time. 

 

Those of you who follow my blog will already know my favorite hobby (besides crafting) is seeing live music.  This is my absolute favorite festival in Jamaica. Not only do I enjoy live music, my modus operandi is to wait for hours sometimes on the front row for the music to start and hang on after the music is over and the crew is packing up to get the set list.  I have illustrated all of those points in the layout below.  


The large photo is not my own but that of a professional photographer.  I die cut an arrow to point out myself and my husband front and center.


I primarily used The Paper House Rockstar stickers as embellishments.  I thought the row of lights was perfect as a top border.


In this photo you can see where I layered iridescent vellum over the guitar on the printed paper.  I felt like it added an extra level of shiny to the layout.  I am definitely in my shiny happy place here. 



Ingredients:
The Paper House designer paper and stickers
Spellbinders You are Here Arrows
cardstock and iridescent vellum

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Don't forget to PLAY along with Lasting Memories Layout challenges and their several  other challenge themes this month.

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to PLAY often!  #seelivemusic

Alicia


3 comments:

  1. Your layout is absolutely amazing, Alicia! I love your happy place - my husband and I love to go to concerts, too. All of your details are so fun and fabulous, especially your row of lights sticker and iridescent vellum on the guitar. You really created a wonderful scrapbook page and great memory here. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! All of your creative touches are perfect and I love the grid collage design of the photos. Perfect design. Thank you for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! My husband and I also like going to concerts. I love how you have the professional photo on your layout! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete