Friday, November 10, 2017

Karen Burniston Happy Home Pop Up card

Hello and welcome to my Happy Home!  Alicia here, I had such a blast creating this little scene.  I love working with all of the Karen Burniston dies, they compliment each other so well.  Here I have used the latest House & Fence Pop Up with the tree and leaves from Tree Pop Up.  I also used the Happy from Word Set 3 Holiday. I used Frantic Stamper Stitched Waves as the clouds across the top.


I followed my own advice and created the mechanisms of this card in basic white card stock first.  I find it so helpful to learn the folds and make any mistakes on plain card stock before I use my good stuff.  I did begin with white card stock.  I inked one side with blue ink to create the sky background.  I layered my clouds across the top.  I used green card stock for my floating platform to make a nice green yard.  I cut and embossed the house highlighting the embossing with some chalking inks to make the stone and siding pop.


Here's a closer view of the house.  So many little details really make for an exquisite card.  I am sending this out to my sister who recently moved.  I tried to use the colors of the home she purchased.  I was just winging the sold sign.  I used some of the left over flocked leaves from my last project to sprinkle in the tree and a few on the ground.  I used a little more of the flocking on the wreath on the door.  I also used a chipboard die cut behind the tree since the wood grain paper I used was paper, not card stock, my tree needed some extra sturdiness.  Finally I inked just a little yellow in the windows to simulate glowing lights.



Dies R Us Products 

Karen Burniston - Dies - House & Fence Pop-Up
Karen Burniston House & Fence Pop Up
Karen Burniston - Dies - Word Set 3 - Holiday
Karen Burniston Word Set 3 Holiday
Karen Burniston - Dies - Tree Pop-Up
Karen Burniston Tree Pop Up
Frantic Stamper - Dies - Stitched Waves
Frantic Stamper Stitched Waves
other products used:
Distress ink Broken China
Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks: Mocha Moma, Desert Sun, and Coal Miner
We R Happy Campers paper
Creative Memories sticker letters
flocking
various card stock and papers

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the DiesR Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

11 comments:

  1. This has so much amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW This is awesome and who wouldn't LOVE receiving a work of art such as this! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling FALLish’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Moving along with the times.
    Janis, Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at TRY IT ON TUESDAY!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created a wonderful scene on your card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so well done love it Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is fantastic, Alicia! Such a fun design. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Feeling Fallish" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and I love the tree, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is awesome! What a fabulous scene you created. And what a great surprise when you open up the card and this pops out! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous design, so glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pop up card..love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...


    ReplyDelete