Saturday, November 25, 2017

Southern Fried Squash Recipe layout

Here is another food project for my guest designing position over at The Awesome Ladies Project.  This prompt this time was recipe.  I don't have many recipes of my own.  I mostly borrow from my mother with modifications for vegetarian.  This is certainly top of my comfort food list.  The way my momma fries squash and okra can't be beat.  There is no egg wash so it is a light crumbly crust that does not fully cover the vegetable.  It is definitely a learned skill.  Just like the gravy I don't make enough.  My son has a fondness for this recipe so my skills are pretty good.



It's not the prettiest but taste wonderful!  I used some nesting punches to punch the floral pattern from one of the papers to create embellishments to match.





Ingredients:
Kiwi Lane templates
misc papers from stash
Bazzill shimmer card stock
American Craft paper
Mocha Moma Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking ink
Stampin Up scallop punches
Zig brown pen
pearls






If you want to explore more about the The Awesome Ladies Project there are some free workshops available to get started, or if you want to explore more about food check out the November workshop.



Thanks for stopping by!



Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment