Sunday, May 17, 2020

Stampin Up Four Feathers with Sketch N Scrap sketch

 I am playing along all month with Sketch N Scrap's 8th Birthday Bash Crop.  This is their first card sketch of the month.  I found the papers I used at a local craft thrift store, Indigo Hippo, and knew immediately I had to make a card for my friend.  We had a social distancing happy hour at their house a few days ago and I whipped this up to give her.


Here is the sketch from Sketch N Scrap:



I tried to mimic the look of the feathers in the paper by inking the stamps with various layers of color.  It worked fairly well.  I did have to stamp a few more layers that I initially thought to smooth out the sharp lines. 


One of the flowers seemed a little muddier than the others so that is the one I left off the card.  I really like how the remaining three look.


A final look at this beauty.


Ingredients:
Scrapberry's Nature's Spirit 6x6 papers
Stampin Up Four Feathers and Whimsical Words stamps and dies
Frantic Stamper rounded corner rectangle die
Versamark ink
Recollections Eggplant embossing powder
Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalking inks Jade, Tropical Punch, Purple Rain and Banana Bliss




Thanks for stopping by

Alicia

8 comments:

  1. Those feathers turned out great! Love the papers you used as well! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I like your feathers. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many interesting details and textures! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment and your feathers are so unique!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card I think your friend is very happy with it! Thanks for sharing at Aud sentiments challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I am loving how you stamped your feathers, so cool! Awesome work with the sketch, I just love this! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and those feathers are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute layout you created from that sketch :) Thanks for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete