Friday, September 15, 2017

A Little Bit Country...Frantic Stamper Large Bob's Old Truck scene

Good morning Alicia with some inspiration today.  I love finding new uses for older dies.  I recently ordered Frantic Stamper Large Bob's Old Truck and as I was designing my card, I remembered one of the very first dies I purchased from Dies R Us was this Die-Versions Sweet Spots A Little Bit Country die.  I have previously paired it with a boot image in a card for my niece which was precious.  Here I have made a great little card with a die cut scene.



Frantic Stamper Large Bob's Old Truck die is so user friendly, since the truck is one die and the accessories are another.  I was able to cut the truck just once in my blue paper.  I cut the bumper in the same blue paper. I then cut the accessories twice once in black and once in metallic silver, the accessories are tiny so this made for very little wasted paper.  After using a precision glue pen to adhere the accessories and a thin piece of acetate for the window, I distressed the old truck up with black chalking ink. 



I cut the Lawn Fawn Stitched Tree Border twice as I did the last time I used it.  Once in the green "grass" and once in brown to give the trees "trunks".  One of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Tree Border and the  Lawn Fawn Road Border actually follow the same curvature for a perfect tree lined road but I used the other tree border to provide more of a background of grass and trees.  I am making a note of that fact to use in the future.



Dies R Us Products:
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Tree Borders Dies
Lawn Fawn Stitched Tree Border
Lawn Fawn - Road Border Dies
Lawn Fawn Road Border
Die-Versions Sweet Spots A Little Bit Country
Die-Versions Sweet Spots A Little Bit Country

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Large Bob's Old Truck
Frantic Stamper Large Bob's Old Truck

other ingredients:
Avery Elle pierced cloud die
Broken China Distress ink
Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions chalking ink
Echo Park blue/white paper
Creative Memories printed paper
Stampin Up Gumball Green card stock
white, black, grey, and metallic silver card stock

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

click below for:




Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . . 

Happy Cutting!

Alicia

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://alwaysfunchallenges.blogspot.ca/2017/09/challenge-23.html until 9/16 x

http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/2017/09/challenge-411-distress-it.html  until 9/19x

https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2017/09/september-challenge.html until 9/30x

5 comments:

  1. I never thought of distressing the truck. WOW, great idea and so much detail. I love the scene. https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that such a great truck? Love the scene-great die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful scene you've created! So cool! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for participating at die-cut-divas.blogspot.in :)Super idea and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete