Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Quick Quotes September Club Q Explosion Boxes


Good morning Quick Quotes readers,  Alicia  here today with a collection of explosion boxes made with September's Club Q.  I received the September Ultimate Combo but my version does NOT come with instructions.  I could tell by the cuts these projects were meant to be boxes. I searched the internet for standard explosion box cuts and followed the directions.  There were so many pieces and parts I ended up with three explosion boxes from the kits. The kits came with two die cut lids and I created the third lid.  Other than that,  I only added a bit of extra ribbon and some brads and of course, coordinating Powderpuff Chalking inks


This first box is my Spring version.  Here I added some yellow floral brads from my stash.  I inked the white die cut flowers with Lemon Sorbet and Plum PowderPuff Chalking Ink and the leaves with Green Leaf.  I used several folded pieces and some of the "flaps".  Basically, I used all the blue and striped papers on this box.



Here are some of the details like the tags and fold outs.  I added the ribbon as a pull for the top.  I have made several explosion boxes prior to this, but just happened to find a tutorial this time that described how to cut a half inch or so slit in the center of the lid.  Then simply thread the ribbon through, adhering firmly and place a square piece of paper on the inside of the lid to cover the underside of the ribbon and adhesive. It is a nifty little trick, I used on two of these boxes and will be repeating it on more boxes.


The second box I used the gorgeous black paper with lots of the red inside.  I used up the remainder of the flowers and leaves with the included pearl brads.



I die cut some borders and used the smallest "pocket" box included with the kit. Die cuts were included to cover the pockets perfectly.  There were also appropriately sized inserts for the pockets.  I backed the framed tag and added a folded piece or two!



I used various shaped die cut pieces from the kit, circles and squares are placed here and there for matting and journaling.  There were so many great die cut flowers in this month's kit, they made for some great floral boxes.


And the final box has a Christmas theme.  I just love the reds and greens in the latest collection, these papers lend themselves to a great Christmas box.  I used up lots of scraps die cutting the poinsettias, cardinals and trees. The chipboard "believe" was inked in two different colors and backed with a scrap of white dotted paper.


I used the larger of the "pocket" boxes included for the outside of this box.  I cut the traditional explosion base from a 12x12 sheet and it fit perfectly on the outside.  I did have to cut out the half circle area so the inserts could be pulled out.  I added a another paper layer to the inside with pockets and tags.



I hope you have enjoyed my photo heavy post of explosion boxes made with this month's Club Q kits.


Quick Quotes Products:
Powderpuff Chalking inks:  Midnight ConfessionsWarm GrayLemon Sorbet   Lipstick, Plum and Green Leaf

other ingredients:
Tim Holtz dies
border punches

Thanks so much for stopping by!


12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely exploding box card Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Making explosion boxes is so much fun, and yours have lots of little details that I've never included like tags and foldouts.

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful boxes!!! I haven't tried one of these yet but they look like they are fun to make. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful exploding boxes...Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beauties! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous box cards, just lovely!!
    Thanks for joining DCD's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant box cards! Thanks for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool. Love all the details like the tags and fold outs. Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These boxes are amazing Alicia! Thank you for joining Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute explosion boxes. I am dying to try them. Tfs and for participating in Connie's "Anything goes" challenge this month. Hope to see you work again. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so cool! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop, I hope you will join us again this month, it's all about die cuts!
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete