Monday, December 3, 2018

Cricut Everyday Pop Up Coffee Mug



Good Monday to you!  I have just the card to wake you up on this dreary winter Monday (at least here in Cincinnati).  I completed several projects over the weekend. I used a sketch from Just Add Ink for the front of this coffee card.  The front also includes Stamplorations' coffee sentiment die.  I always seem to lose the dot on the i with this die...luckily a dot is easily replaced with bling or in this case an ice blue metallic brad.  I used more of those brads inside.


Here's the sketch:


 I struggled with the inside of this project.  It took the most time of all the projects I finished over the weekend including a 3D project. I will show off that one later in the week.  The problem are the instructions, or lack thereof.  I have made several cuts from this Cricut cartridge which I have never assembled because the lack of instructions.  I have the handbook, it doesn't elaborate at all.  I searched youtube and blogland and finally found one post from 2011 using this card.  It helped tremendously.  Primarily by describing the "extra" rectangle piece which fits in size to stabilize the "coffee".  I used some very sturdy card stock which did not lend itself to creating a round cup.  All I can say it is completed and it does pop out with a little bit of wiggle, definitely not suitable to sell.  But someone will benefit.



The colors of the Creative Memories Bountiful 8x8 papers are beautiful and paired well with the ice blue shimmer and dark brown I used for the cup.

Ingredients:
Cricut Cart:  Everyday Pop-up Mug card
Creative Memories Bountiful 8x8 papers
Stamplorations Literary Caffeine-ations and Rise & Grind die
Spellbinders label twenty-two die
Our Daily Bread Designs pierced circle die
Creative Memories Ice Blue shimmer card stock
Brown card stock
brads

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




Thank you so much for stopping by

Alicia

9 comments:

  1. Oh how fun - a pop up coffee card! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful 3D design and very elegant looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sentiment and love the inside. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful take on the sketch AND yes to the pop-up! That's so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - that is amazing! Love it! Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great card inside and out. Love your colors.
    Real coffee colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty and has great texture.

    ReplyDelete