Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Festivus for the Rest of Us

May I present this year's primary card...I absolutely fell in love with this stamp set from Kindred Stamps.  I knew right away I wanted to create Festivus cards. My husband really helped out as we created an assembly line.  He die cut all the "poles" and black pierced circles.  I colored all the George's and well all the rest...but his doing the die cutting really helped the process.  Despite his assist I am sure I will find plenty to say when we have the airing of the grievances for 2020!






I know George likes to where a plaid shirt but I could not fathom coloring plaid so I made his shirts red and used plaid for the background. I started with some plaid papers from various 6x6 paper stacks, I made so many cards I eventually found some 12x12 plaid paper to make more per sheet than one background. 



I stamped George and the sentiment in archival ink.  I used a variety of alcohol markers to color George.  I made so many I got the process down pretty well.


I could not for the life of me find a die from which to cut the sentiment so I just trimmed into a rectangle.  And edged with black ink as I did all the elements.


I used a "straw" die for the pole and just cut small pieces for the base.


The inside of my card.  I printed an image I found on a google search.


My MISTI really came in handy making multiple cards.


I stamped this sentiment where I would normally stamp my "hand made by" on the back.


One last plaid...


Kindred Stamps-NY Comedy stamps
Stampin Up Coffee Cafe straw die cut
Our Daily Bread Designs pierced circles
misc plaid papers, metallic card stock, black and white card stock
Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions Powderpuff chalking ink
Archival ink
Alcohol markers: HobbyColour Maple, Copic E00 & R46, Spectrumnoir Silk, Poppy, and Natural Brown

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:






Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Festivus!  

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute and fun! I'm a big Seinfeld fan myself! Happy Festivus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter’s Cafe! -Danielle

    ReplyDelete