Friday, December 11, 2020

Snow is Glistening with Cricut Christmas House

Keep on keepin' on...creating holiday cards. I had these die cuts in my stash and had matched them with this paper last year.  I never got around to making the cards.  This year they finally came together. These cards also remind me of Bitten By the Bug 2's current challenge to use a die cut (this time it doesn't have to be Cricut) and Double Trouble's collaboration challenge to use patterned paper and/or a bow.
 
 

I used black layers to make the tan pop.  I stamped the sentiment on kraft paper and layered it on a die cut rectangle.  I layered the house on a black background.  Third I layered the designer paper mat on black before adhering to a white card base.


I had a three wood snowflakes lying on my desk, the perfect touch but it was too much brown.  So I inked them up with Versamark and embossed them with the same white glitter embossing powder as the sentiment.  I made four cards as I had four die cuts.  Therefore, I had to dig out similar snowflake which was already silver.  I left one card out of the photos.


Ingredients:
Cricut Christmas House images
Creative Memories patterned paper
Quickutz Nesting Lace Rectangles
TPC Studio Winter Blues sentiment stamp
Versamark ink
white glitter embossing powder
wood snowflakes
misc papers and kraft card stock
sequins

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:








Thanks for stopping by

Alicia



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, love the non-traditional colors you used in your Holiday cards, and all the glitter against the Kraft is really pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that snowy house and your unusual choice of colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cute card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, great idea to heat emboss the wood snowflake, its the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! Great glitter and colors...very homey and comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas, Arlene, DT for Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.

    ReplyDelete