Monday, December 21, 2020

Karen Burniston Santa's Winter Greetings

Hello there, Alicia designing today.  I created another winter greeting to add to my pile of holiday cards.  I was pleased with this card.  I began by creating a Karen Burniston Santa.  I used her instructional video to get tips before I started.  Threading the belt through the tiny belt buckle was the hardest part, otherwise there are just a lot of layers.  I used pens and inked the edges to finish off the jolly old elf.


I wanted Santa to stand out so I decided on the layers of snow as a background.  I used a glitter paper, a vellum and a shimmer paper as snow and a snowfall patterned paper as the bottom layer.  I cut all the snow layers with various Lawn Fawn borders.  


Products used:
Bo Bunny 6x6 papers
misc card stock and papers
alcohol and gel pens

and from the Dies R Us Store









9 comments:

  1. A sweet Christmas card, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts 'Sparkle and Shine' theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

    Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and lets all pray 2021 is a safer one for everyone.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design and such a cute image!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute Santa! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely design with a great Santa and some lovely dies used. Thank you for joining our Sparkle and Shine challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is as sweet as can be! Love the beautiful layers and the adorable Santa, ofcourse! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, again. Wish you a very Happy 2021. Hugs, Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how Santa stands out with the hills rolling behind him. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our December "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Santa from Karen Burniston. He's too cute! Love your soft snowy background. Just perfect to showcase this cutie.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Dies R Us. We hope to see you again next time.
    Happy New Year!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Dies R Us
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card makes me smile....loving this cute image. Such a sweet project . Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dream Valley challenge.Neva DT

    ReplyDelete