Friday, May 5, 2017

Dance to your own music with Frantic Stamper

Good morning! Alicia blogging today with a feminine card using the Frantic Stamper Pleated Dress die. Since I have four nieces I am sure this die will come in handy. I envision sweet little dresses and formal prom dress for cards and perhaps party invites. For today, I went with a sweet little floral dress but I can see the possibilities are endless!




As always with a new die, I cut it out in plain white paper and played around a bit. I found I liked when I used two cuts of "pleats" for the bottom of the dress. First I used an accordion fold on the "pleats" with the help of a bone folder to really make them crease. To adhere my two pieces of "pleats" I simply used a strip of tape runner along the inside edge of the top piece. When adhering my bottom to the card I used plenty of tape to keep the pleats in place. 


There are three choices for "tops". I like this one for this dress, it was a little less formal. Finally, I tied a bow from some ribbon and adhered to the waist with glue dots. I finished off the card with some sequins, another die cut layer and matching papers.


Dies R Us product used:








Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 


click below for:






Thanks so much for stopping by today!


I hope you have a great crafty day!



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-344-sequins-or-buttons.html until 5/5x

http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2017/05/spring-fling-cyber-crop-challenge-1.html until 5/7

WINNER!

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/05/just-add-ink-358just-add-stitching.html  until 5/9x

http://4craftychicks.blogspot.com/2017/05/4-crafty-chicks-349-bows-and-guest.html  until 5/9  GDT

June 2017




http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/designers-choice-challenge/dcc53-for-a-special-lady/  until 5/9x

http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2017/05/challenge-369-anything-goes-with.html  until 5/10x

http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/qkr-stampede-challenge-242-feminine.html  until 5/11x

https://craft-deebowz.blogspot.com/2017/05/may-challenge.html until 5/31x

I used my Craft-Dee Bowz tool to create this perfect bow!

Thanks so much for stopping by!







8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You could be a dress designer. I love that the top is plain and the bottom is patterned. The paper is so pretty! And I love how your sequins match the flowers on the dress!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey card. Such a fun element with the folded dress. Thanks for your comment on my mushroom card on my blog! I love mushrooms too. Can't wait to see your mushroom designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh . . . I might NEED that die! Your dress is fabulous, and I can definitely see you getting a lot of use out of it! Super cute card and I love the dp you used for the bottom of the dress. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pleated dress, Alicia! I'm just so tickled to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes or Feminine" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, isn't this just adorable. I love the dress and that purple bow is too cute on it! I remember seeing my mom wear dresses like this when I was a kid! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our May challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design....i love the dress...very nice creation,

    Hugs
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete